Monday, April 18, 2011

Beauty Within You

I have been feeling blah for the past few weeks. My health has not been helping the situation either! They have found a cyst on my left ovary witch has been causing pain and continuous bleeding. Its gotten me so tired that I even slept 11 hours last night! With all that has gone on with the cyst I believe it is the least of my problems. The biggest problem I see is, my weight and how I view my self.

For most of my life I have struggled with my weight. Been know as the fat ugly sister. It was hard dealing with this as a child, but I struggle even more with it now as an adult. Im sure that part of that is due to the fact that I have had three children. And with each child some weight has stayed with me. The stuff that I see around me such as TV, movies, adds, and billboards don't help me feeling this way about me either. They remind me of how not "pretty" I am or will ever be!

The other day at lunch with a friend we were talking about life and of course weight! While talking with my friend I was reminded of a couple questions that I once was asked not that long ago.  They has asked me if I believed that everything that God created was beautiful? With out even really thinking I said yes. How could anything that God had a hand in not be beautiful? The next question that I was asked is a question that I can not get out of my head! She asked "Then if you believe that everything God created is beautiful, then why can you not see that beauty within you?

What would you say to this questions? Can you see the beauty that God has placed in you?

1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time seeing how you can see anything but beauty! Don't buy into media and society's view of what beauty should be. You are such a beautiful woman and I can't wait for the day that you see yourself the way so many others do! I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete