Wednesday, May 11, 2011

You are the Light of the World

For me, it is so hard to not want to fix everything for everyone. Their is so much going around me that just breaks my heart. I am the type of person that can see the pain in others and take it on as my own. I try to help them in any way I can, but no mater what I do I can never heal their pain. I can not make the choices for them or make them see the situation in another perspective. I get so frustrated when others can not see their own mistakes or want to blame the other for all the problems going on in their lives. I cant understand how people can be so selfish or so ungrateful for what they have been blessed with. Then I started thinking, I wonder if others feel the same way about me? Am I allowing what goes on with me or around me to show as though I am ungrateful or selfish? Am I being a light for Christ? In Mathhew 5:14-16 it  tells us that we are a light. A light that is to be seen by the world so that our God will be glorified.

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." 

Am I glorifying God? I pray that in what ever tiral I am placed in, I give thanks to God. I pray that through His love and grace I can be a light for Him. I pray that others may see that it is not threw anything I have done but threw the Lord. My first reaction when I see others in need is to jump in and help them fix the situation, but maybe it is time for me to step back. For me to focus on being the light God has called me to be. So that through Gods work in me can be seen to glorify Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment